In packaging for meat, fish and poultry FAVOR® PAC absorbs escaping liquids and stores these for an unlimited time. The food can thus be transported and stored hygienically. It stays fresh longer and does not have to be repacked so often.
FAVOR® PAC is a swellable, insoluble, crosslinked polymer. Upon contact with fluids a gel is formed, which retains these liquids well, even under stress. Depending on the liquid, FAVOR® PAC can absorb many times its own weight. There are no limits to the fields of application for FAVOR® PAC in packaging and transportation.
FAVOR® PAC immediately absorbs and retains escaping liquids, preventing contamination of the transport medium, and eliminating laborious and costly cleaning.
The high absorption efficiency of FAVOR® PAC permits the design, of very lightweight packaging, resulting in reductions in freight costs, when compared with conventional packaging. Depending on the liquid even small amounts of FAVOR® PAC can ensure dry storage of the products.
- Designed especially for the food packaging industries, FAVOR® PAC is an efficient liquid absorbent. Its key advantage is high fluid retention even under pressure due to excellent mechanical gel stability.
- FAVOR® PAC can quickly absorb escaping water, aqueous solutions, and biological fluids.
- It ensures dryness and protects against leakage and contamination thus resulting in safe transportation of foods products and industrial goods.
- It can enhance the appearance of consumer products through a cleaner, drier packaging.
- FAVOR® PAC is available in compliance with European food packaging legislation or approved by the US Food & Drug Administration (FDA).
- FAVOR® PAC allows for new package designs with absorption performance which have been previously unavailable.
- in compliance with European food packaging legislation or approved by the US Food & Drug Administration (FDA)
- rapid swelling properties
- high gel strength and mechanical stability
- resistant to micro-organism
- easy to use
In packaging for meat, fish and poultry FAVOR® PAC offers the answer, whether transporting products which are liable to escape, for the direct absorption and retention of liquids or as a coolant or ice substitute.
In combination with nonwovens, FAVOR® PAC can be made into absorbent composites of various sizes. These absorbent products can be used in the transport sector as an underlay for goods liable to escape, or in the design of packaging material, for example boxes, bags, trays, etc.
FAVOR® PAC can directly be incorporated into nonwovens used in the food packaing industry.
Self-developed application tests and strict controls guarantee highest quality. We support our customers with customized research, extensive manufacturing and service know-how to ensure prompt and efficient delivery.